We’re hiring! Women’s Aid Orkney are looking for a Service Coordinator and a Women’s Support Worker to join our small team, based in Kirkwall. If you have knowledge and understanding of the feminist analysis of violence against women and have an interest in working to support those affected locally, please get in touch!
Are you a feminist with great communication and organisation skills? Then this job might be for you. Our Service Coordinator supports the team to make sure that Women’s Aid Orkney provides quality person-centred support to those affected by domestic abuse locally. This is a varied role, that includes:
- Coordinating projects, events and activities
- Ensuring that we meet the requirements key stakeholders (Service Users, Care Inspectorate and Scottish Women’s Aid).
- Gathering information and drafting reports/case studies to illustrate the impact and effectiveness of the work we do.
- Providing crisis support to women affected by domestic abuse.
- Helping make Women’s Aid Orkney a welcoming trauma-informed place for all those who need to access the service.
Women’s Support Worker
Are you a compassionate and caring feminist with excellent listening and advocacy skills? Then you could be our new Women’s Support Worker. In this role, you will work directly with women affected by domestic abuse, to provide trauma-informed emotional and practical support tailored to individual needs. Find out more about how we support women here.
The deadline for both posts is Sunday 24th November. So, there is is still time to apply to join our team. Simply contact our Michelle Ward by phone or email for an application pack or to discuss these roles in more detail.
Women’s Aid Orkney is committed to promoting equality and diversity. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. Applications will be accepted from women only under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.