Help us support families affected by domestic abuse in Orkney
We love it when people get involved to help us support families affected by domestic abuse in Orkney. Here are some things you can do:
Use your Voice
Why not add your voice to ours? Support families affected by domestic abuse in Orkney by becoming a member of WAO?
Membership costs £1.00 per year and is a great way to show your support for the work we do.
Other ways of adding your voice to call for an end to domestic abuse include:
- Joining the board of trustees
- Sharing our social media posts
- Reminding friends and family to be open minded and not judge those affected.
Together we can raise awareness and break down the stigma for domestic abuse survivors.
Consider organising a community event to raise money for Women’s Aid Orkney.
It could be anything from a sponsored challenge to a dress down day, a coffee morning to a bingo night or even a fashion show.
Recent examples include
- the Longship Spring fling Catwalk in March 2018 which raised over £1,200 for our ‘Making a Difference Fund’;
- and this year’s Bisgeos Walk/Run in Westray (there is still time to sign up for that, or just by a raffle ticket or two).
You can follow us on facebook for news of upcoming fundraisers, or subscribe to our weekly bulletin to keep up to date via email.
Donations are another great way to support families affected by domestic abuse in Orkney.
How you can donate
- When you are having that spring clean, keep us in mind.
- Earn free money by registering on www.easyfundraising.org.uk and selecting Women’s Aid Orkney as your chosen charity. Then when you shop online with affiliated retailers (from amazon to John Lewis) a % of your shop will be donated to us at no extra cost to you. Win win!
- Donate by text message. Just send a message: ‘WAOS16 £10 to 70070 to donate £10′.
Subscribe to our bulletin and you’ll be the first to find out when we are looking for helpers. email email@example.com to find out more.