Do you share our values? Would you like to see an end to violence against women? There are lot’s of ways people can get involved and support Women’s Aid Orkney. So whatever your circumstances, there is something for you:
- Simply sign up to be a supporter and show your support for local women and families affected by domestic abuse.
- Become a member and get involved in the running of Women’s Aid Orkney.
- Sign up to our volunteers mailing list and help us our with fundraising events.
How you can support us?
To become a member, which costs just £1 per month, you must be a woman who supports our aims and objectives. Men, women and young people who would like to help us, can also become supporters.
Joining is easy
All you have to do is
- First complete a Member/Supporter form (download below) and return to the office by email or post. The form allows you to tell us how you want to be involved.
- Second (if joining as a member or looking to make a regular donation) set up your direct debit instruction via GoCardless.com
- OR contact us to discuss alternative or reduced payments.
And that’s it, as easy as 1, 2!
How can I get involved in volunteering for Women’s Aid Orkney
You can also use the Member/Supporter Form to tell us that you’d like to volunteer. Even if you don’t want to pay a subscription or membership, you can still donate your time. And we’d be delighted to hear from you if you have time to get involved with fundraising and public awareness activities, or our board of trustees. Simply complete the form as a supporter and indicate at the bottom of the form that you’d like us to help WAO.
As a registered charity, Women’s Aid Orkney is overseen by a board of trustees and relies on it’s supporters to continue fostering public support and awareness and to inform the management of Women’s Aid Orkney.
So whatever you feel you can contribute, we really can’t wait to hear from you!